Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Game 23: Bonaparte(11k) vs Yuuki (12k)

Game 23: Bonaparte(11k) vs Yuuki (12k)

It's been awhile since I made another post. I've been taking a break from playing serious games, and did not review many games for awhile. I played a couple of 9x9 games. Those are always fun. I think this might be a good way to introduce people into the game of go, but I think they might lose interest in it after they see a 19x19 board.

This game was reviewed by Ian Davis (Javaness). I think it wasn't urgent for me for me to have this game reviewed, but it did give some key examples of how to play. I was concerned with three things. Invading a double wing formation, when I should tenuki, and shape. Even though I won this game, I wanted to improve by playing correct moves so that I can come away without playing overly optimistic moves.

I think so far I'm doing well for coming back from a break. I think what I am afraid of is not losing, but rather making big mistakes that I should've been able to see. Anyway, I hope to analyze professional games so I have more feel for how the game should come about.

David Dang

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
http://1000gamesto1d.blogspot.com/2010/01/go-game.html