Friday, January 29, 2010

Korean insei Na Hyun beat 2 top professionals straight!

Korean insei Na Hyun beat 2 top professionals straight!

I've read this on 9dan.com. This 11 year old kid is really good at go. I find it amazing that he can beat two professionals back to back. I'm so weak that he could probably crush me easily even with a 9 stone handicap.

I'm looking at a goal of 1 dan by July in the very earliest, by January by the latest. This article made me realize that despite that jump in strength, I still would be tremendously weak against professionals and inseis.

So I'm asking myself, "Can I play on a competitive level someday?" Perhaps, most likely not, but I think I should give it a shot. I learned the game a few years ago, but I never played consistently enough to have steady progress. However, even if I practice every day, I wonder if that's enough.

Well, I should probably walking on my road to shodan, than just sitting around thinking about it... Away I go!

David Dang

1 comment:

  1. Shodan is a great first goal. Good luck on your aggressive timetable.

    I'm hoping to make it to shodan (well, KGS 1d; Marcus316 is my KGS handle) by the end of 2010. I don't have as much time to play as I'd like, though.

    ReplyDelete

 
http://1000gamesto1d.blogspot.com/2010/01/go-game.html