Saturday, December 26, 2009

Game 3: Me(14k) vs Light92(14k)

Game 3: Me(14k) vs Light92(14k)

This one game I took more time with my moves and went over the board very carefully. I played white. I think I did very well at attack my opponent's mistakes. I think I'm stronger than 14k if I really look over the board. This is when I realized that I've been playing to quickly and carelessly in the past, and I can get better by simply taking more time.

Move 10 C8. I think this is a good aggressive attacking move that I wanted. The lower left corner is secured and I can use those stones to attack the black stone at C6 as well as the move I've just played.

Move 12 D10 was a move that I was very unsure about. I wanted to take influence on the outside, and make use of sacrificing of my stone at C8. I can't think of any alternatives.

I think black did a good job at playing D7. However, I think it might've been better to just capture the stone, but that's just me.

Move 20 C11 should've been played at F9 to protect a future cut by white. at both E8 and D11.

After move 23, I didn't know what exactly to do. My knowledge of corner joseki faded, so I just tried to play as solidly as I can hoping to land into a joseki that helps me in whole board positioning.

At move 34. I think I should've made a jump out towards the center from the top group since I cannot make it alive.

I think I should've tenuki on move 36. However I think my position is sufficiently grounded on the left side. Also maybe protecting my left group from getting cut to pieces should've been a priority.

If I was black I would've played at L15. M17 seems a bit to slow for me.

After move 51. I liked the sequence despite black having the upper right. I'm wondering if I could've prevented giving black that much in the upper right.

Again at 52. I think it was a good time to make an invasion. Again my corner joseki is pretty bad, and I think he could've killed me.

After move 79. I felt queasy about my lower right group. This is when I knew I have to kill the bottom stones in order to survive and win.

I mistake by black on 93. I would've played at O8 or at H10.

I will stop my review here. I reviewed the end part of the game with my opponent and learned that I played a couple moves that were overplay. However,I think I underestimate my attacking abilities. A shame since I felt personality wise I rather have territory and be completely grounded. Maybe my game will change more in the future. I took more time in this game because I wanted this game to reviewed by Javaness to see whether I like his style, and if I would want to have him as my teacher.

Hopefully I'll win more games with more playing.

3rd game to becoming a shodan!
David Dang

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
http://1000gamesto1d.blogspot.com/2010/01/go-game.html