Sunday, December 27, 2009

Game 5, 6, and 7

These games were pretty quick to play. I won the first and third one, and lost the second one. The second lost was due to a mistake that I made. My opponent took the advantage and cut off my big group on the top side from the rest of the stones.

The first game was a five stone handicap. I had a hard time believing an 8k would be able to beat me with such a large disadvantage. I did not play passively, but I played as usual. I was able to cut of his groups, but I was tremendously impressed with his ability to create living groups with so little space. However, this is probably my fault for not killing them.

The second game had very fast pace, and I was relying on instinct instead of analyzing the board. Even though from hindsight, I could've won the game. I think this was good practice for me to think more on my feet and naturally create good moves.

The third game was a really fun game. I crushed him, but I nearly escaped with my groups and got them connected. Connecting large groups from different areas of the board seem to be second best to a living group. I was able to cut off his stones, and kill them to make my group living. I think I noticed when I was playing him that he really enjoyed territory and making bases that he never had any considerable walls. Which made the game extremely difficult for him for the middle game. I realized how much power there is in these walls and that I should definitely not underestimate them.

The games went quick, but I still need a game to show my teacher to see whether he's the right fit for me or not.

Game 1
Game 2
Game 3

I can't wait to get to double digit games.
David Dang

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
http://1000gamesto1d.blogspot.com/2010/01/go-game.html